Resources to Enhance Your Videos
During this social isolation experiment, you may be wondering what options there are for your marketing content. Video is still king, even more so now. So what resources should you be taking advantage of to communicate your message effectively using video?
1. Stock Footage
Give your video impact with amazing visuals using stock footage or stock pictures. Stock resources are virtually endless and available for any budget.
Can’t schedule that film shoot you’ve been wanting to do in the Caribbean? Just search for footage of the Caribbean on one of the numerous stock footage websites and you are bound to find numerous options.
Stock is an efficient and excellent way to enhance the visuals in your video. You can also download preview versions to try out in your video before making a final purchase decision.
Here are some great options for stock video and photos to get you started:
Make your message count with the finest voices in the industry. Just like the last resource, your options are endless as far as voice overs go. Whether you are looking for that smooth commercial voice, a high-energy delivery, or that movie trailer guy, the right voice for your message is out there.
Why use a professional voice over? One of the most important aspects of using a professional voice over is that they know how to keep your audience engaged in your message with their voice. They can take on different tones so that your audience wants to listen. It provides a familiarity to your video, and brings the visuals and message together for your audience.
The process of finding that voice is simple and there are many online resources available to help. Many of these resources connect you with talent options for you to choose from. You get to audition them and pick the voice that you feel is right for your project.
Voices.com is a great resource with over 200,000 voice over artists available. Simply sign up, post your job for free, listen to custom auditions for your job and select the voice you want. The talent you select will then record the voice over which you can then download straight from the voices.com website. Once you are satisfied with the final voice over, you are able to pay the talent through the website as well.
Whether it’s as simple as an animated logo, or a fully animated graphic explainer video, animation is a creative way to present your message in a compelling and visual format to your audience. Your imagination is the limit and animation can be harnessed effectively in your marketing content on any budget.
Unlike with live action footage, you don’t have to schedule a film shoot to take advantage of animation. It can be created from the comfort of your own office or home. The benefits of animation are numerous, it can be used to bring your brand to life, add excitement and energy to your message, and highlight your business in a visual narrative for your audience.
Here’s some great online resources you can use to produce your next animated video for your business:
- Wideo.co – Provides animation templates and tools to aid in your animated video production.
- Filmora Pro – A free-to-download video editing and animation program that makes it easy to create and edit animated videos.
- Biteable.com – Another great resource with thousands of animation and video templates to choose from to make your animation come to life.
4. Edit your webcam videos
You could just hit record during your meeting or interview and then be done with it. Or you could enhance your webcam video experience for your audience by adding sweet intros, lower thirds, graphics, music, and more!
Everyone’s recording from their webcam right now, make your webcam video stand out with some simple post-production. Add infographics to your next meeting video to provide clear information to your co-workers. Or use your webcam to update your employee training video for new hires. Add graphics to supplement your video and provide necessary information for training.
- Soapbox by Wistia allows you to record, edit, and share your webcam videos, giving you the tools to make them stand out.
- Davinci Resolve Lite is a great free editing program you can download and use to edit and enhance your webcam video recordings. You can also use resolve to add color correction to brighten and sharpen your video to really make it pop.
5. Repurpose Existing Video
Now is a great time to repurpose existing videos your business has. Repurposing video can help improve your SEO and doesn’t require any new footage which can be harder to schedule in our current days.
There are many ways you can repurpose video:
- Create shorter clips from longer existing videos for Instagram and other social media. – Viewers who enjoy these shorter clips will often go on to search for the longer videos to watch.
- If you have several testimonial videos from different customers, you can string together clips from different customers based on theme.
- Use clips from a corporate video to showcase different elements of your company culture or zero in on a cool section of your office for a tour/behind the scenes look.
- If you have educational content, it might work well as a podcast. You can upload it to iTunes (or a different platform) in both audio and video format.
- Create a silent header video for your website by using existing video content.
For example, this is a video we created for PinKU Japanese Street Food. It tells their brand story in two and a half minutes, and it lives on the home page of their website.
But we also repurposed the video by making 10 shorter, bite-sized pieces of content to share on social media. Here are two of the social edits for your viewing pleasure.
6. Live Video
Harness the power of live video through facebook, instagram, and youtube. According to AdWeek, Facebook Live videos receive 3X higher engagement than a video that is no longer live. Facebook Live videos also receive 5X more than standard photo posts.
Live video gives you an opportunity to genuinely connect with your audience. You can answer any questions they may have more directly. You can also use live video to host events that you otherwise wouldn’t be able to schedule right now due to quarantine.
The #1 thing is that it connects you to your audience now and allows for more direct communication of your business’s message.
Here’s some tips to be thinking about when doing live video
Reach out for help
If you have any questions about any of the resources above or would like help with any of these areas in your own video content, reach out! We are happy to help!
Schedule a free, no-pressure consultation to discuss your objectives and how we might partner with your business to accomplish them with effective video content.